Wednesday, November 14, 2012

... So I had to write this poem for English... and Mom said I should post it so... pause for dramatic effect... I DID!
Ok here it is


 Song of Myself
David McFarland- B2 

I am David, and I’m a McFarland
I love living my life filled with laughter
I’m a friend, I’m a brother, and I’m a son
The world spins madly on, but I know the heart of life is good
( I really enjoy music, and know all the lyrics)

As I watch the world wind away,
In darkness and confusion,
I look for the light
The light in learning, the light in music
The light that comes from religion

I do believe, I believe in God
And yes, I’m a Mormon
I am not ashamed, for I have no reason
Light fills my life,
And I fear no darkness

Nature Nurtures me
I see its beauty
I see the birds
I hear their songs
I watch them fly
I am envious

I sing to the skies, and glory in music
It fills me
It is how I become a bird
It is how I fly
It is how I fly

I try to imagine a time
When the frosty blue wind blew anew
And the world was simpler
Was it paradise?
Or did the world ache for the knowledge it knew was out there,
And did not know how to find

I seek for that knowledge, I hope one day to gain it
And use it to form wisdom
Wisdom is power
Does that mean scholars are power hungry?
If so, I hope I am starving
And can feed on wisdom,
But sometimes it is easier
To go hungry
Ignorance is bliss; knowledge is power
I choose power

I seek remembrance,
I want to do good things
I seek to do good things
I hope to do good things
And that is a good thing.





So there it is...{ Insert clever phrase here{something something}}McLife:)

1 comment: